Slow Cooker Chicken and Dumplings
We love making Chicken and dumplings and think this Slow Cooker Chicken and Dumplings is the bee's knees! Slow cooked chicken goodness.
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 1 10.5-oz can cream of chicken soup
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 carrots, peeled and chopped
- 1 celery stalk, chopped
- 1 lb boneless chicken breasts
- salt and pepper to taste
- 3/4 cup green beans, chopped
- 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 1 16-oz tube refrigerated biscuits
- In the slow cooker add the chicken broth, cream of chicken soup, onion, carrots, and celery. Stir. Add in the chicken and season with salt and pepper. Cover and cook on LOW until chicken is fully cooked, about 4-6 hours.
- Remove the chicken and cut into bite-size pieces. Add the chicken back into the slow cooker along with the green beans.
- Place the flour in a bowl. Remove the biscuits from the container and cut each into 6 pieces. Roll the biscuits in the flour and drop the biscuits into the slow cooker. Push the top of the biscuits into the broth to moisten the top.
- Cover and cook on HIGH until biscuits are cooked through, about 1 1/2 hours. Serve.
You can also shred the chicken in this recipe. If you have frozen chicken breasts, you can use them in this recipe in place of fresh.
Perfect PairingLove slow cooking? Try our French Onion Soup in the Slow Cooker. [embed_recipe id='19459']
Enjoy Country Music?
Sign up for daily stories delivered straight to your inbox.