Slow Cooker Chicken Burrito Bowl
Move over chipotle, we've got some slow cooking to do! Our Slow Cooker Chicken Burrito Bowl is filled with your favorite burrito toppings.
- 2 chicken breasts
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 Tbsp chili powder
- 1 Tbsp cumin
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 1 15-oz can diced tomatoes, drained
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 1 14-oz can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 1/2 cups instant white rice
- 1 Tbsp chopped cilantro
- In your slow cooker add the chicken breasts, olive oil, onion, garlic, chili powder, cumin, salt, pepper, chicken broth, and diced tomato. Stir and cook on LOW until chicken is done, about 4 hours.
- Remove chicken from slow cooker and set aside. Stir in the frozen corn, black beans, and rice and turn slow cooker to HIGH and cook until rice is tender, about 1 hour.
- Chop chicken and add it back to the slow cooker. Stir and top with chopped cilantro. Serve.
You can add 1/2 cup shredded cheese to the top of the burrito bowls if desired. Make sure to have some warmed tortillas to serve alongside this bowl.