Slow Cooker Cherry Hazelnut Clusters
The tart but sweet cherries bring an refreshing brightness to the classic hazelnut and chocolate combo in these homemade truffles.
- 3 cups whole hazelnuts
- 12 oz semisweet chocolate chips
- 4 oz bittersweet or unsweetened baking chocolate, chopped
- 8 oz dried cherries, chopped if too large
- 10 oz almond bark, broken up
- 1/2 cup crushed hazelnuts (Optional, for sprinkling)
- 1/2 cup Chocolate Shavings (Optional, for sprinkling)
- Place hazelnuts in the bottom of a 4 quart slow cooker.
- Over the nuts, place the chocolate and cherries in layers, with the almond bark on top.
- Lay either paper towels or a clean dishtowel over the top of the slow cooker, to prevent condensation drips as it cooks. Cover with the lid and cook on low for 1 to 1 1/2 hours. Stir to evenly blend and ensure all the chocolate has melted.
- Drop spoonfuls of the mixture into mini muffin papers. While they're still wet, sprinkle on hazelnut pieces or chocolate shavings, if desired.
Enjoy Country Music?
Sign up for daily stories delivered straight to your inbox.