Slow Cooker Bread
Yes, you can bake bread in your slow cooker! This Slow Cooker Bread is easy to make and makes your house smell sooo good.
- 1 Tbsp active dry yeast
- 2 Tbsp sugar
- 1 cup lukewarm water
- 3 cups flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- In a small bowl mix together the yeast, sugar and water and let sit for 5 minutes for yeast to begin to foam.
- In a large bowl mix together the flour and salt. Add the wet ingredients to the dry and add in the oil. Knead until a smooth dough forms, about 5-7 minutes.
- Line your slow cooker with parchment paper and set the dough on top of the paper. Place paper towels over the top of the slow cooker and set the cover slightly ajar to let some of the steam out.
- Cook on high until the bottom of the bread is browned, about 90 minutes. Meanwhile preheat your broiler to high.
- Place your bread under the broiler and broil until the top is golden brown, about 2-3 minutes. Serve.
This dough will not be browned on the top, so make sure to take the time to broil it. Brush the bread with melted butter and top with roasted garlic after broiling for a great garlic taste.
Perfect PairingServe this Slow Cooker Bread with a Roasted Beet and Walnut Salad. [embed_recipe id='17598']
Enjoy Country Music?
Sign up for daily stories delivered straight to your inbox.