Slow Cooker Boston Baked Beans
These sweet and savory beans pack a hint of spice and go perfectly on toast, as a side, or even on their own!
- 1 lb dry white beans, soaked overnight in cold water
- 1/2 lb bacon, cut into 1/2 inch strips
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 cups water
- 1/3 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1/4 cup molasses
- 1 tbs ground mustard
- 1 tsp cayenne
- Drain beans from soaking liquid.
- Layer beans, onions, and bacon in slow cooker, alternating to get a good blend.
- In a bowl or measuring cup, combine water, brown sugar, molasses, mustard, and cayenne. Pour over beans.
- Cover and cook on low until beans are tender, about 8 hours. (The older beans are, the longer they need to cook.)
Enjoy Country Music?
Sign up for daily stories delivered straight to your inbox.