Slow Cooker Beer Can Chicken
This tender, slow cooked beer chicken is fall off the bone tender, takes less than ten minutes to prep, and can reach crispy perfection under the broiler.
- 2 tbs paprika
- 1 tsp cayenne
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 1 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1/4 tsp allspice
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 whole chicken, about 5 lbs (But really as big as your slow cooker can hold)
- 2 sprigs rosemary (Or 2 tsp dried)
- 12 oz beer
- 4 6-inch strips of foil
- Whisk together rub ingredients in a small bowl or jar.
- Crumple the strips of foil into balls and place at the bottom of the slow cooker. Pour the beer into the slow cooker. Drop the rosemary into the beer.
- Prep the chicken by removing the innards and trimming excess fat. Season chicken with rub, covering both under and above the skin. Put chicken in slow cooker on top of foil, so that it rests above the beer.
- Cover and cook until chicken is cooked through so that when the thigh is cut near the bone, the juices run clear. This should take 6 to 8 hours on low, or 4 to 5 hours on high.
- Optional: To get crispy skin, transfer the chicken to an oven safe dish and heat under the broiler for 2 to 5 minutes.
Enjoy Country Music?
Sign up for daily stories delivered straight to your inbox.