5-Ingredient BBQ Chicken Sandwiches
A product of the slow cooker, these juicy and flavorful BBQ chicken sandwiches are weeknight workhorses that are a snap to throw together in the morning before you head out of the door.
5-Ingredient BBQ Chicken
- 2 lbs chicken thighs, boneless and skinless
- 1 cup barbecue sauce
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- Potato rolls
- 1/2 stick salted butter
- In a mixing bowl, combine barbecue sauce, brown sugar, apple cider vinegar, and Worcestershire sauce. Stir well until ingredients are emulsified.
- Add chicken thighs to your slow cooker. Pour in barbecue sauce mixture, be sure to coat every chicken thigh (even in the folds) with the mixture.
- Cook on High for 4 hours or Low for 9 hours.
- Melt butter in a microwave-safe container, stirring well every 15 seconds. Brush melted butter over the potato rolls, inside and out. Toast potato rolls on the stovetop until desired crispness is reached.
- Shred chicken with two forks in the slow cooker. Scoop onto potato rolls. Top with coleslaw, if you prefer.
The sandwich assembly is not required, though it is suggested for the most delicious BBQ chicken sandwiches you've ever made at home. Leftovers can be turned into tacos, sandwiches, and burrito bowls. This is a fantastic recipe for meal prep for the week's lunches ahead.
Enjoy Country Music?
Sign up for daily stories delivered straight to your inbox.