Shrimp Tacos with Watermelon Salsa
Add a little fruit to your tacos with the addition of Watermelon Salsa. These shrimp tacos are great for lunch or dinner!
For The Salsa
- 2 cups diced watermelon
- 1/3 cup diced red onion
- 1/4 cup cilantro chopped
- 1/2 jalapeño seeded and finely diced (optional)
- 1/2 lime juiced
- 1/2 tsp salt
For the Shrimp Tacos
- 3 cloves garlic
- 2 limes juiced
- 1/2 cup Vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup cilantro
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1 lb. peeled and deveined shrimp
- 12 corn tortillas
To Make The Salsa
- In small bowl combine all ingredients. Let sit for at least 30 minutes for flavors to meld.
To Make Shrimp Tacos
- In bowl whisk together garlic, lime juice, vegetable oil, cilantro and chili powder. Add shrimp and toss to coat, marinating for 25 minutes.
- Preheat grill to medium heat. Thread shrimp on metal skewers, disregarding marinade. Grill until opaque in color, about 2 minutes per side. Take off heat and cover with aluminum foil to keep warm while preparing the tortillas.
- Add tortillas to grill and warm, about 1 minute per side.
- Prepare the tacos by adding shrimp and salsa to tortilla. Serve with extra lime.
We used seedless watermelon for the recipe. You can use seeded, however make sure to pick out the black seeds before preparing the salsa. The jalapeño is optional, but we really love the spicy bite it gives to the watermelon.
Perfect PairingWash down your tacos with this Prickly Pear Marg. [embed_recipe id='12770']
Enjoy Country Music?
Sign up for daily stories delivered straight to your inbox.