Shrimp 'n' Grits
This humble Cajun classic has a place in your recipe box, whether you serve it up for breakfast, lunch, or dinner!
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup quick cook grits
- 2 tbs butter
- 2 cups cheddar, grated
- 6 slices bacon, chopped
- 2 lbs medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tbs fresh lemon juice
- 2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 6 green onions, chopped
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Bring broth to a boil over medium-high heat then stir in grits. Return to boil, then reduce heat to a low simmer. Stirring occasionally, cook until it's reached your ideal thickness, about 5-7 minutes.
- Stir in butter, cheese, and seasonings. Cover and set aside.
- Cook bacon until crisp, remove from pan.
- Cook shrimp in the same pan the bacon was in over medium-high heat until the shrimp is almost pink, about 3 minutes.
- Stir in garlic, lemon juice, and Worcestershire sauce and cook until shrimp is pink, another minute or two.
- Stir in bacon until evenly mixed.
- Divide grits into 4 shallow bowls and serve with shrimp mix on top, sprinkled with green onions.
For an extra Cajun twist, try swapping the bacon out for tasso or andouille.
Perfect Pairing[embed_recipe id='9590']
Enjoy Country Music?
Sign up for daily stories delivered straight to your inbox.