Texas native Rodney Crowell will salute the Lone Star State on his forthcoming album Texas, which is set to release on Aug. 15. The album features collaborations with Willie Nelson, Ronnie Dunn, Lee Ann Womack, Vince Gill, Billy Gibbons, Lyle Lovett, Steve Earle and Ringo Starr.
In a press release, the "After All This Time" singer explained that Texas has been a source of inspiration for the past few years.
"For the last few years, I'd been writing Texas-centric songs and revisiting some of my tunes from as far back as the mid-Seventies," Crowell says in a statement. "Last year, I started referring to the collection of songs as the Texas album."
Crowell will be inducted in the Texas Country Music Hall of Fame in Carthage, Texas on Aug. 10. On May 2, he'll kick off his 2019 tour in St. Louis, Mo. The trek will take the singer-songwriter to over 20 cities, including a stop at Texas' historic Gruene Hall in September.
The Texan rose to fame with his 1988 album Diamonds & Dirt, which spawned the hits "She's Crazy For Leaving," "After All This Time," the Rosanne Cash duet "It's Such a Small World" and the Buck Owens cover "Above and Beyond (The Call of Love").
'Texas' Track Listing:
1. "Flatland Hillbillies" (featuring Lee Ann Womack & Randy Rogers)
2. "Caw Caw Blues" (featuring Vince Gill)
3. "56 Fury" (featuring Billy F Gibbons)
4. "Deep In the Heart of Uncertain Texas" (featuring Ronnie Dunn, Willie Nelson & Lee Ann Womack)
5. "You're Only Happy When You're Miserable" (featuring Ringo Starr)
6. "I'll Show Me"
7. "What You Gonna Do Now" (featuring Lyle Lovett)
8. "The Border"
9. "Treetop Slim & Billy Lowgrass"
10. "Brown & Root, Brown & Root" (featuring Steve Earle)
11. "Texas Drought Part 1"
Now Watch: Willie Nelson's Best Collaborations
Enjoy Country Music?
Sign up for daily stories delivered straight to your inbox.