Former Turnstile Guitarist Brady Ebert
BOSTON, MA - MAY 24: Brady Ebert of Turnstile performs onstage during Day 1 of 2019 Boston Calling Music Festival on May 24, 2019 in Boston, Massachusetts. (Photo by Taylor Hill/Getty Images for Boston Calling )

Rock Star Facing Life in Prison Sentence After Being Accused of Attempted Murder

Former Turnstile guitarist Brady Ebert is set to stand trial in October on attempted murder and assault charges.

The former guitarist of Grammy Award-winning hardcore band Turnstile is set to head to court in October over an alleged attack involving the father of the band's lead singer.

Videos by Wide Open Country

Brady Ebert, 33, faces an attempted murder charge alongside an assault charge after authorities accused him of deliberately striking Brendan Yates' father with a vehicle.

Ebert has a pre-trial conference scheduled for September 3. He also has a motion hearing on September 25, before his trial is set to begin on October 5.

If convicted, the former Turnstile guitarist could face a life sentence.

Rock Star Could Face Life Sentence Over Attempted Murder Charge

Ebert has remained at the Montgomery County Correctional Facility since the alleged incident took place in April.

Authorities allege that the 33-year-old initially went to the home of William Yates, 79, the father of Turnstile frontman Brendan Yates, and shouted obscenities.

Investigators claim Ebert later returned to the property and intentionally struck Yates with his vehicle in the driveway.

Emergency responders rushed Yates to the hospital with serious injuries, where he later underwent surgery.

"The victim was transported to an area hospital with serious injuries, including a broken leg," law enforcement officials said

Police subsequently located Ebert's vehicle "unoccupied with front-end damage."

Brady Ebert's Complicated History With Turnstile

Ebert was a founding member of Turnstile, joining the hardcore band in 2010. He left in 2022 following a difficult split.

The band previously said that they had "cut ties" with Ebert "in response to a consistent pattern of harmful behavior affecting himself, the band, and the community."

They said in a statement that "communication was no longer possible, and he began threatening violence".

William Yates had reportedly contacted police on multiple occasions before the alleged attack to raise concerns about Ebert's behavior.

He alleged that Ebert had previously shouted obscenities and driven aggressively toward him around the neighborhood.

During one encounter, Yates claimed a vehicle narrowly missed him before Ebert allegedly made a gesture while driving away.

While waiting for emergency responders after the alleged April attack, Yates also claimed Ebert returned to the scene and shouted that he "deserved it."

Ebert will now face the charges in court, with his trial scheduled to begin in October.