Red Velvet Crinkle Cookies
The holidays are right around the corner, which means it's cookie exchange season! These Red Velvet Crinkle Cookies will be the first to go!
- 1 2/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp red food coloring
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- In a bowl mix together the flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, and salt. In a separate bowl beat together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, mixing well. Stir in food coloring and vanilla extract.
- Add the flour mixture to the butter mixture and mix until combined. Chill the dough for 2 hours.
- Preheat your oven to 350ºF and grease cookie sheets with cooking spray. Shape dough into 1-inch balls and roll in the powdered sugar, leaving about 2-inches apart on the cookie sheets.
- Bake until cookies are puffed, about 10 minutes. Cool and serve.
If you like a chewy cookie, cook these for about 8-9 minutes. Add 1 cup of chocolate chips to the dough to make these extra special.