On November 2, Randy Houser's latest record, Magnolia, will hit the shelves with 12 tracks the Mississippi born musician co-wrote. In anticipation of the album, Houser has released two singles and a series of tour dates that will run through the rest of the year, including a jaunt in Australia.
Houser says the new album, produced by Keith Gattis, provided an opportunity for him to reset after his last record, 2016's Fired Up. "With the last album, I just didn't have time to create, and it was obvious that it didn't all come from my guts. Because of that, the music just didn't feel as genuine," he said in a statement.
"When writing for this new project, I knew the production had to lean on songs and melodies, not a bunch of tricks and loops. That was the catalyst for the album. So, for the past two years we've been focused on trying to find a unique sound and trying to best serve the songs," Houser continued.
Houser's first quintessential drinking-song from Magnolia, "What Whiskey Does," was released in June and came in at No. 1 on country radio's Most Added chart. The record's freshly released second single, "No Stone Unturned," serves as a moody traveling song, perfect for starting a reflective road trip.
Magnolia is already available for pre-order. Those who purchase a ticket to the Magnolia Tour will receive a free download of the record. The first string of dates go on sale this Wednesday, August 29 at 10:00 a.m. If you don't see a stop near you, don't worry, additional tour dates will be released soon.
Track Listing for Randy Houser's Magnolia:
- "No Stone Unturned" (Randy Houser, Dallas Davidson)
- "Our Hearts (feat. Lucie Silvas)" (Randy Houser, Kylie Sackley, Rob Hatch)
- "What Whiskey Does" (feat. Hillary Lindsey) (Randy Houser, Keith Gattis, Hillary Lindsey)
- "Whole Lotta Quit" (Randy Houser, Travis Meadows)
- "No Good Place to Cry" (Randy Houser, Gary Nicholson)
- "New Buzz" (Randy Houser, Keith Gattis, Jeff Trott)
- "Nothin' On You" (Randy Houser, Jaren Johnston, Tony Lane)
- "What Leaving Looks Like" (Randy Houser, John Osborne, James Otto)
- "High Time" (Randy Houser, Brice Long)
- "Mama Don't Know" (Randy Houser, Jaren Johnston, Tony Lane)
- "Running Man" (Randy Houser, Jeffrey Steele)
- "Evangeline" (Randy Houser, James Otto)
Randy Houser's 2019 Magnolia Tour Dates:
Oc. 12 -- Porterville, Calif. -- Eagle Mountain Casino
Oct. 18 -- San Francisco, Calif. -- The Fillmore
Oct. 20 -- Las Cruces, N.M. -- Las Cruces Country Music Festival
Oct.25 -- Mankato, Minn. -- Verizon Wireless Center
Oct.26 -- Milwaukee, Wis. -- The Rave Eagles Ballroom
Nov. 8 -- Raleigh, N.C. -- The Ritz
Nov. 9 -- Atlanta, Ga. -- Buckhead Theatre
Nov. 16 -- Philadelphia, Pa. -- SugarHouse Casino
Dec. 11 -- Fortitude Valley QLD, AUS -- The Tivoli
Dec. 13 -- Darlinghurst NSW, AUS -- Oxford Art Factory
Dec. 14 -- Melbourne VIC, AUS -- Corner Hotel
Now Watch: Songs Every Toby Keith Fan Knows By Heart
Enjoy all things country?
Don't miss a story! Sign up for daily stories delivered to your inbox.