This recipe was provided by Jen Reviews, as part of an article on the ever-popular healthy Mediterranean Diet.
Quinoa Greek Salad
The perfect make-ahead meal for weekday lunches, this Quinoa Greek Salad is fresh, bright, and wholesome to power you through the day.
- 2 cups broth (Can use beef, chicken, or vegetable)
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 cup uncooked quinoa
- 2 chicken breasts, cooked and cubed
- 1 red onion, diced
- 1 green bell pepper, diced
- 1 cucumber, diced
- 1 tomato, diced
- 1/2 cup black olives, chopped
- 1/2 cup feta cheese, crumbled
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Add the broth and minced garlic to a medium saucepan. Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to medium-low and add the quinoa. Cover and simmer until the water is fully absorbed and the quinoa is fully cooked, about 15 to 20 minutes.
- Remove from heat and add chicken, onion, bell pepper, cucumber, tomato, olives, and feta. Mix well.
- Drizzle with lemon juice, balsamic vinegar, and olive oil. Stir thoroughly and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve warm, or refrigerate to serve cold later.
If you've got a few more mouths to feed, you can easily double this recipe using our drop-down tool above. This makes for the perfect cold lunch you'll actually be excited to eat. We aren't saying you need to put hummus on this salad for an extra boost of protein, but we are saying that it does taste dang good. [embed_recipe id='13803']
Enjoy Country Music?
Sign up for daily stories delivered straight to your inbox.