Pumpkin Coffee Cake
Wake up and smell the coffee! This Pumpkin Coffee Cake is bursting with pumpkin and topped with a delicious and sweet crumb topping.
For The Crumb Topping
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 cup cold butter, cut into cubed
For The Coffee Cake
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp ground cloves
- 1 cup canned pumpkin purée
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1/4 cup milk
- Preheat your oven to 350ºF and grease a 9x5-inch loaf pan with cooking spray.
- Make the crumb topping by mixing together the flour, brown sugar, and cinnamon in a bowl. Using your hands, cut in the butter until crumbs and clumps form. Place in the fridge until ready to use.
- Prepare the cake by adding the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, and cloves to a large bowl. Whisk to combine. In another bowl mix together the pumpkin, brown sugar, oil and milk. Add to the flour mixture and stir until just combined, making sure not to over mix. Pour into the loaf pan.
- Sprinkle the crumb mixture on top of the loaf evenly. Bake until a toothpick inserted comes out clean, about 35-40 minutes. Remove from the oven and cool. Serve.
If you do not have a loaf pan, use a square baking pan instead. The crumbs should be the size of slightly large peas.
Perfect PairingServe this coffee cake with a mug of Copycat Starbucks Maple Pecan Latte. [embed_recipe id='19105']
Enjoy Country Music?
Sign up for daily stories delivered straight to your inbox.