Pumpkin Chocolate Brownies
It's the best of both worlds! These Pumpkin Chocolate Brownies combine the sweet filling of pumpkin with the rich taste of a chocolate brownie.
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 3/4 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups canned pumpkin
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp ground ginger
- Preheat your oven to 350ºF. Spray a 9-inch baking pan with cooking spray and set aside.
- In a microwave-safe bowl melt butter and chocolate until melted and smooth, about 30 seconds to 1 minute. Set aside.
- In a large bowl whisk together flour, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
- In a large bowl whisk together sugar, eggs, and vanilla until light and fluffy, about 5 minutes. Whisk flour mixture in until smooth. Divide the mixture evenly into two bowls.
- In one bowl of the mixture add chocolate and stir until smooth.
- In the other bowl add the pumpkin, vegetable oil, ground cinnamon, ground nutmeg, and ground ginger.
- Pour 1/4 of chocolate mixture into the square pan and spread thinly. Pour the pumpkin mixture on top then the rest of the brownie mixture. Swirl with a knife to add a decorative touch. Bake until set, about 40 minutes. Cool completely and cut into squares.
Add a bit more chocolate to the brownie mixture by mixing in an additional 1/4 cup of chocolate chips into the batter. When swirling the batter err on the side of under swirling to keep the layers separate.