Once the leaves begin to change food and drink get a pumpkin spice makeover. While many equate pumpkin spice (cinnamon, allspice, and nutmeg) to coffee and pumpkin pie, flavored pumpkin beer is a highly popular beverage during the Fall. But which pumpkin beer is everyone's favorite? Vinepair has the answer! The beverage media site has put together a map of every state's favorite pumpkin beer. Does your preference match that of your states?
The Most Popular Pumpkin Beer in Every State in America
The best pumpkin beers have great pumpkin flavor and are filled with pumpkin pie spices. Some craft beer is even brewed with actual fresh pumpkin! Some favorites that didn't make the list include New Belgium Voodoo Ranger Atomic Pumpkin (a 6.4 ABV beer that includes Saigon cinnamon and peppers like habanero, aji, and de árbol), Shipyard Smashed Pumpkin, Dogfish Head Punkin Ale, and Schlafly Pumpkin Ale.
- Alabama - Olde Towne Pumpkin Ale from Straight to Ale
- Alaska - Imperial Pumpkin Porter from Alaskan Brewing Co.
- Arizona - Pumpkin Ale from BJ's Restaurant & Brewhouse
- California - Picture If You Will from Bottle Logic Brewing
- Colorado - Rumpkin from Avery Brewing Company
- Connecticut - Roadsmary's Other Baby from Two Roads Brewing Company
- Delaware - Mischief Night Pumpkin Ale from Stewart's Brewing Co.
- Florida - Good Gourd Imperial Pumpkin Ale from Cigar City Brewing
- Georgia - Friend of the Farmer Pumpkin Pie Porter from Cherry Street Brewing Cooperative
- Illinois - De Ogen from Ten Ninety Brewing Company
- Indiana - Pumpkin Ale from The Bier Brewery
- Kansas - Yumpkin Pumpkin from Wichita Brewing Co. & Pizzeria West
- Kentucky - Kentucky Pumpkin Barrel Ale from Alltech's Lexington Brewing and Distilling Co.
- Louisiana - Pumpkin Express from Old Rail Brewing Company
- Maine - Smashed Pumpkin from Bourbon- Barrel-Aged Shipyard Brewing Company
- Maryland - The Great'ER Pumpkin from Heavy Seas Beer
- Massachusetts - Fisherman's Imperial Pumpkin Stout from Cape Ann Brewing Company
- Michigan - All Hallows Ale from Kuhnhenn Brewing Company
- Minnesota - Hail to the Dark Gourd from HammerHeart Brewing Company
- Missouri - Ibex Series: Barrel-Aged Pumpkin Ale from The Schlafly Tap Room
- Nebraska - Wicks For Brains from Nebraska Brewing Company
- Nevada - Rum-Barrel- Aged Pumpkin Ale from Joseph James Brewing Inc.
- New Hampshire - Toasted Pumpkin Ale from 603 Brewery
- New Jersey - Pumpkin Ale from Harvest Moon Brewery & Cafe
- New Mexico - Pumpkin from Marble Brewery
- New York - Pumpkin Ale from Horseheads Brewing Inc.
- North Carolina - Xibalba Bourbon- Barrel-Aged from Wicked Weed Brewing
- Ohio - Bourban- Barrel-Aged Imperial Pumpkin Ale from Thirsty Dog Brewing Company
- Oklahoma - Chuck's Pumpkin Ale from Battered Boar Brewing Company
- Oregon - Rogue Farms Pumpkin Patch Ale from Rogue Ales
- Pennsylvania - Pumpkin Ale from Selin's Grove Brewing Company
- Rhode Island - Bushido from Revival Brewing Co.
- South Carolina - Pumpkin Ale from Thomas Creek Brewery
- Tennessee - Pumpkin Ale from Blackstone Brewing Company
- Texas - Pumpkinator (Bourbon- Barrel-Aged) from Saint Arnold Brewing Company
- Utah - Imperial Pumpkin Porter Barrel-Aged from Epic Brewing Company
- Vermont - Imperial Pumpkin Brush And Barrel Series from Long Trail Brewing Company
- Virginia - Bourbon-Barrel-Aged Imperial Pumpkin from Alewerks Brewing Company
- Washington - Punkuccino from Elysian Brewing Company
- Wisconsin - Pumpkin Ale from Whole Hog Beer
Enjoy Country Music?
Sign up for daily stories delivered straight to your inbox.