Pomegranate Bulgar Wheat Salad
This Pomegranate Bulgar Wheat Salad has everything you want in a salad. Crunchy pomegranate seeds, crisp green onion, and cheesy feta.
- 3/4 cup pearl barley
- 3 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 Tbsp honey
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp ground cumin
- 1/4 cup golden raisins
- 1/4 cup shelled pistachios, chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley
- 3/4 cup cubed feta cheese
- 3 green onions, sliced
- 1/2 cup pomegranate seeds
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- In a large pot filled with water and 1 tablespoon of salt, bring to a boil. Add in the barley and cook until tender, about 30 minutes. Drain the barley and spread on a baking sheet to cool completely.
- Meanwhile in a large bowl whisk together the olive oil, honey, cinnamon, and cumin. Add in the cooled barley, golden raisins, pistachios, and parsley. Season with salt and pepper and toss to combine.
- Transfer to a platter and top with the pomegranate seeds, feta cheese, and green onion. Serve.
Serve this as a main entree with a side of grilled chicken. This used about half a pomegranate if you are seeding your own.
Perfect PairingFresh salads are the best. [embed_recipe id='31179']
Enjoy Country Music?
Sign up for daily stories delivered straight to your inbox.