Pickle Brined Fried Chicken
Looking for a juicy fried chicken recipe? Look no further than this Pickle Brined Fried Chicken. Salty with a hint of pickles.
- 2 lbs chicken legs
- 3 cups pickle brine
- 2 cups flour
- 2 tsp paprika
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp fresh ground pepper
- 2 Tbsp salt
- 2 cups buttermilk
- vegetable oil
- In a large bowl or gallon zip-lock bag, mix together chicken legs and pickle brine. Place in the fridge and marinade overnight.
- In a large bowl mix together flour, paprika, garlic powder, cayenne pepper, ground pepper, and salt. In a separate bowl add buttermilk.
- Take chicken out of brine and shake excess brine off. Dip in buttermilk then in flour mixture. Set on wire rack and let sit 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile heat 4 inches of oil to 350ºF in a large dutch oven or cast iron skillet. Add a few pieces of chicken to the oil and cool until golden brown and thickest part of chicken reaches 165ºF. Drain on paper towels and serve.
Serve this fried chicken with a bit of hot sauce and pickles. If you do not have enough pickle brine add apple cider vinegar to get to 3 cups.
Perfect PairingServe this Fried Chicken with Southwestern Chopped Salad. [embed_recipe id='16294']
Enjoy Country Music?
Sign up for daily stories delivered straight to your inbox.