Peanut Butter Puppy Chow
Also known as Muddy Buddies, this Peanut Butter Puppy Chow is the snack that seriously takes 10 minutes from pulling up the recipe to enjoying it at home.
- 4 cups Golden Grahams cereal
- 3 cups Chex cereal (Can use corn or rice varieties)
- 1 cup peanuts
- 1 cup powdered sugar, divided into 1/2 cup portions
- 1 1/2 cups chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup crunchy peanut butter
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the Golden Grahams, Chex, and peanuts. Mix to ensure each is evenly distributed throughout.
- Place half of the powdered sugar in a large gallon Ziploc bag. Place the second half of the powdered sugar in another gallon Ziploc bag.
- In a microwave-safe container, combine the peanut butter and chocolate chips. Microwave for 30 seconds. Remove, and stir. Microwave for another 30 seconds. Stir together. You're looking for a creamy and smooth consistency, if you haven't reached that yet, microwave for another 30 seconds.
- When the right consistency is reached, pour immediately over cereal and peanut mixture. Stir well to ensure each piece is chocolatey and coated.
- When all is coated, pour half of the bowl into one powdered sugar Ziploc bag, and the other half into the second Ziploc bag. Close fully and begin to shake the bags so each cereal and peanut is coated in powdered sugar.
- When all pieces are coated, pour into a large bowl for serving. Enjoy immediately!
While this recipe is peanut-heavy, you can always remove the peanut butter and peanut additions. If so, add 1 tablespoon of cooking oil (vegetable, canola, coconut, etc.), to the chocolate chips before melting in the microwave. You can use one bag for the powdered sugar process, but our test kitchen found it easier to coat the chocolate goodness when portioning it into two separate bags.
Perfect Pairing[embed_recipe id='14043']
Enjoy Country Music?
Sign up for daily stories delivered straight to your inbox.