Peanut Butter Coca-Cola Ice Cream Squares
Peanuts and Coca Cola is a Southern tradition and these Peanut Butter Coca Cola Ice Cream Squares are just the dessert to celebrate the match.
For the Crust
- 25 Nutter Butter cookies
- 5 Tbsp butter, melted
For the Ice Cream
- 3 cups coca-cola
- 1 package unflavored gelatin
- 2 Tbsp cold water
- 1 Tbsp cornstarch
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup evaporated milk
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 2 Tbsp light corn syrup
For the Topping
- 2 Tbsp peanut butter
- 5 Nutter Butter cookies, crumbled
For the crust
- In a food processor or a large ziplock bag, crush cookies until crumbly. Transfer to a bowl and combine with the melted butter. Press into a square baking tin lined with parchment paper. Set aside.
For the ice cream
- To a large skillet, add the Coca-Cola and bring to a boil over high heat. Boil until the soda is reduced to 1 cup, about 15 minutes. Remove from heat and let cool.
- In a small bowl add water. Sprinkle the gelatin over the water. In another small bowl combine the cornstarch with a few tablespoons of the milk and whisk.
- In a medium saucepan combine the remaining milk, heavy cream, evaporated milk, sugar and light corn syrup. Bring the mixture to a boil and whisk in the cornstarch slurry. Bring the mixture back to a boil for 1 minute and remove from the heat. Whisk in the coca cola mixture and the gelatin and whisk until the gelatin is fully combined.
- Transfer the ice cream to a bowl sitting on top of a bowl of ice. Let chill until room temperature.
- Pour the ice cream into ice cube trays and place in the freezer to freeze for at least 4 hours.
- Once cubes are solid, place in a food processor and process until creamy. Pour the ice cream onto the crust and freeze until solid, another 4 hours.
For the topping
- Remove the pan from the freezer and melt peanut butter in a small bowl. Drizzle over the top of the ice cream. Sprinkle with crumbled cookies. Cut in to squares and serve.
We used the Coca-Cola that comes in the glass bottles for this recipe. You can also make the ice cream in your ice cream maker and skip steps 6 & 7.
Perfect PairingWho said that one flavor of ice cream is enough? [embed_recipe id='29412']
Enjoy Country Music?
Sign up for daily stories delivered straight to your inbox.