This scratch made peach cobbler highlights the bright sweetness of fresh peaches and comes together, start to finish, in less than an hour.
- 6 large peaches, cut into wedges
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 tbs dark brown sugar, packed
- 1 tbs freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 2 tsp cornstarch
- 1 cup flour
- 6 tbs butter, chilled and diced
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 tbs dark brown sugar, packed
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup boiling water
- Preheat oven to 425.
- Toss together the filling ingredients then transfer to the baking dish. Bake for 10 minutes while making the batter.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, sugars, baking powder, and salt. Cut in butter with either a fork or a pastry blender until a coarse meal is formed. Pour in water and stir until just combined.
- With the peaches out of the oven, drop in spoonfuls of the batter. Bake until topping is golden brown and delicious, about 25 to 30 minutes.
Enjoy Country Music?
Sign up for daily stories delivered straight to your inbox.