Peach cobbler is already good on its own. But have you ever really been craving cake, and had a cobbler made with cake mix? Peach cobbler with cake mix is a delicious sweet treat, and it's a ridiculously easy dump cake to make. It can be served with a scoop of vanilla ice cream and whatever cobbler topping you like such as brown sugar, pecans, or other nuts, but for this peach cobbler recipe, we're gonna go simple and add whipped cream to the top of the cake mix cobbler.
How to Make Peach Cobbler with Cake Mix
For this peach cobbler dump cake with cake mix, you'll need one large can of peaches in heavy syrup (or light syrup if you prefer), one package, bag, or box of yellow cake mix, one stick of butter, some ground cinnamon to taste, and whatever whipped cream you prefer on your shopping list.
First, preheat your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Dump the canned peaches into a 9x13 inch baking pan and put your cake mix into a medium bowl. Melt the butter and then add the melted butter to the dry cake mix and stir until it's all combined. Then, cover the top of the peaches with the cake and butter mix. Sprinkle the top of the mixture with ground cinnamon.
Bake the dump cake recipe for 40 to 45 minutes until golden brown. Once it's ready, allow the cake to cool for about ten minutes. Then, the yummy dessert recipe should be ready for you to add a glob or spray of whipped cream on top and enjoy!
You may also enjoy adding some fresh peaches with your peach cobbler or making it with white cake mix instead. It's possible to make the cobbler with frozen peaches but would require other steps along the way. This method is as easy as it is delicious!
Watch: Bruleed Peach Crostinis
Vintage Peach Cobbler with Cake Mix Is a Treat
- 1 large can peaches WITH syrup
- 1 box yellow cake mix OR bag OR package
- 1 stick butter melted
- ground cinnamon to taste
- whipped cream for topping
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Dump canned peaches into a 9x13 inch baking pan and put your cake mix into a medium bowl.
- Melt the butter and then add it to the cake mix and stir until combined. Cover the top of the peaches with the cake and butter mix. Sprinkle the top of the mixture with ground cinnamon, to taste.
- Bake for 40 to 45 minutes until golden brown.
- Allow cake to cool for about ten minutes. Add whipped cream on top and enjoy!
Enjoy Country Music?
Sign up for daily stories delivered straight to your inbox.