Oven-Baked Asparagus Fries
These Oven-Baked Asparagus Fries make a great side dish or even a fun appetizer. Baked in the oven and covered with cheese and crunchy panko.
- 1 lb. asparagus
- 3/4 cup flour
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 3/4 cup panko bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup finely grated Parmesan
- Preheat your oven to 425ºF and place a wire rack on a baking sheet.
- Prepare asparagus but breaking the woody parts of the stalks off. In one bowl add the flour and salt and pepper. In a separate bowl add the eggs. In the third bowl place the breadcrumbs and the cheese.
- Dredge the asparagus in the flour, eggs, then panko. Place on the wire rack and bake until crispy, about 15 minutes. Serve.
The best way to prepare the asparagus is to hold a stalk in your hands and bend it. Where it breaks naturally is the perfect seperation between tender and woody. Serve with a squirt of lemon juice.