Sun-Dried Tomato Balsamic Chicken
This Sun-Dried Balsamic Chicken is a simple weeknight dinner that comes together in less than 45 minutes, and the best part? It only uses one pan.
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 lbs boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 yellow onion
- 8 ounces sun-dried tomatoes, in oil
- 1/4 cup basil leaves
- 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 tbsp yellow mustard
- 2 tsp honey
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- In a large, deep skillet with a lid, heat the olive oil to medium-high heat. As it heats, mince the garlic cloves and dice the onion. If you want to chop your sun-dried tomatoes into smaller pieces, you can do so, though we left ours whole.
- Season chicken well with salt and pepper. When skillet is heated, add the chicken thighs. Cook each side for 8-10 minutes, or until the chicken is cooked through with no pink left.
- As the chicken thighs cook in the skillet, whisk together the balsamic vinegar, yellow mustard, and honey in a small bowl.
- When the chicken is cooked through, add the onions to the skillet. Sauté for about 2 minutes, until translucent. Add the garlic and cook through for 1 minute, until fragrant.
- Add the balsamic mixture to the pan, stirring constantly with a whisk or wooden spoon to scrape up the brown bits from the bottom. This is your deglazing step, so be sure to get those crusty, flavorful bits. Simmer for 3 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Reduce heat to medium-low. Add the sun-dried tomatoes and basil to the pan with the onions and garlic. Cook for about 2 minutes.
- Evenly spread the mozzarella cheese on each chicken thigh. Place lid on the skillet and cook for five minutes more, or until the mozzarella is fully melted. Voila!
We served this recipe with fresh, shaved cucumber for a bright, cool bite. A summer garden salad would also be delicious. Use what you have!
Perfect Pairing[embed_recipe id='14316']
Enjoy Country Music?
Sign up for daily stories delivered straight to your inbox.