Oatmeal Breakfast Cookies
You won't believe these these cookies are healthy for breakfast! Make up a batch of these Oatmeal Breakfast Cookies for those on-the-go mornings.
- 1 cup instant oats
- 3/4 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup chopped almonds
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 Tbsp melted butter
- 1 egg
- 1/2 tsp almond extract
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup milk
- Preheat your oven to 325º and grease a cookie sheet with cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl whisk together oats, flour, almonds, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt. Set aside.
- In a small bowl whisk together melted butter, egg, almond extract, honey, and milk until combined. Add to dry mixture and stir until incorporated. Pop the bowl in the fridge for about 15 minutes to chill.
- Using a tablespoon, drop cookie dough onto the pan and flatten with a greased bottom of a glass. Bake until golden brown, about 10-12 minutes. Cool completely before serving.
Be sure not to over bake these cookies. Err on the side of under baking to make sure these are soft and chewy. If you are looking to add a little bit of fruit, stir in 1/4 cup of dried fruits such as raisins.
Perfect PairingServe these cookies with these smoothie bowls for a complete on-the-go breakfast. [embed_recipe id='15782']
Enjoy Country Music?
Sign up for daily stories delivered straight to your inbox.