No-Churn Mint Chocolate Chip Ice Cream Sandwiches
These easy Mint Chocolate Chip Ice Cream Sandwiches require so little prep work, you'll always have a batch on hand.
- 2 cups heavy cream chilled
- 14 oz sweetened condensed milk
- 1 tsp peppermint extract
- 3 drops Green food coloring optional
- 1 cup mini chocolate chips
- 16 chocolate chip cookies
- Using a hand mixer or stand mixer, beat chilled heavy cream until stiff peaks form. In a separate bowl combine together sweetened condensed milk, peppermint extract, and food coloring. Fold in the whipped cream making sure to keep as much air as possible in the cream. Stir in chocolate chips.
- Pour ice cream into a loaf pan and cover and freeze until set, about 8 hours.
- Once ice cream is frozen, scoop onto chocolate chip cookie and sandwich with another cookie on top. Eat immediately or freeze.
The food coloring is optional, but adds a nice green hue to the ice cream. The best cookies for making these ice cream sandwiches are sturdy cookies like Pepperidge Farm. You can make these ice cream cookies even more minty by using a chocolate mint cookie.
Perfect PairingMake these sandwiches completely homemade by baking up a batch of chocolate chip cookies. Just make sure they are cool first! [embed_recipe id='3077']
Enjoy Country Music?
Sign up for daily stories delivered straight to your inbox.