Mummy Hot Dogs
These spooky mummy hot dogs make for great finger food at any Halloween party and are fun DIY treats for the kids to whip up, too.
- 1 egg
- 1 tbs water
- 1 package puff pastry, thawed
- 2 package hot dogs
- Preheat oven to 400 F. Prep baking sheet either by lightly greasing the pan, or by using parchment paper.
- Whisk egg and water in small bowl, set aside.
- Unfold puff pastry onto a lightly floured surface and cut into 1/2 inch strips.
- Wrap hot dogs in puff pastry strips, leaving about an inch and a half uncovered.
- Cut remaining puff pastry strips into smaller chunks, about 1-2 inches long. Use these for the mummies' head wrappings.
- Place wrapped hotdogs onto prepared baking sheet.
- Brush whisked egg mixture onto the pastries.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes, until the pastries are golden brown and delicious.
- Remove and let cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes before serving.
These are fun to eat on their own, but even better with the right sauce. Ketchup can be creepy pretend blood, mustard as zombie ooze, or you could go with a terrifyingly spicy hot sauce.
Enjoy Country Music?
Sign up for daily stories delivered straight to your inbox.