Mixed Summer Vegetable Grilled Salad with Parsley Chimichurri
Celebrate summer with this eggplant, zucchini, red pepper, and mushroom salad. Toss it with greens or eat with your fingers, either way you'll be smiling.
Mixed Summer Vegetables
- 2 medium eggplant, sliced into disks (Slice these a bit thinner than the zucchini since they take longer to cook)
- 8 oz cremini mushrooms, cut in half (Also known as Baby Bella)
- 2 red bell peppers, cut into quarters
- 3 zucchinis, sliced into disks
- 1 cup parsley, tightly packed
- 2 tbs shallot, minced
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 3 tbs olive oil
- 3 tbs red wine vinegar
- 3 tbs lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp chili pepper flakes
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1 tsp salt
- Place all chimichurri ingredients in a food processor and pulse to finely chop.
- Heat the grill to medium high. Grill everything until tender, about 5 minutes per side.
- Remove the veggies from the grill. Drizzle the chimichurri over them, tossing if desired. Serve warm along with the main dish, or ahead of time as an appetizer.
Enjoy Country Music?
Sign up for daily stories delivered straight to your inbox.