Mixed Berry Dutch Baby
The secret to an effortlessly elegant brunch is in this no-whisk dutch baby. Simply whip it up in the blender, toss it in the oven, and enjoy.
- 2 cups mixed berries
- 1 lemon
- 3 tbs butter
- 3 eggs
- 2/3 cup milk
- 4 tbs butter, melted
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2/3 cup flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Add the berries to a mixing bowl. Collect about 1/2 tsp zest from the lemon, then set the zest aside. Juice the lemon onto the berries and toss. Lightly mash the berries if desired.
- Preheat the oven to 425 F and put the unmelted butter in a medium cast iron skillet.
- While the oven's heating, add the eggs, milk, melted butter, vanilla extract, flour, and salt to a blender, and blend until frothy, about 1 minute.
- Once the oven's hot, put the skillet in to let the butter melt, about 3 to 5 minutes. Swirl the butter around to coat the bottom, then pour the batter in. Pour the berries in the middle, then return to the oven.
- Bake until the edges are browned and puffy, about 20 to 22 minutes.
- Serve warm, with a side of whipped cream or cottage cheese.
Also known as a German pancake, this fluffy dessert is good no matter what you call it or what you top it with.
Enjoy Country Music?
Sign up for daily stories delivered straight to your inbox.