Mini Pepperoni Calzones
These adorable mini calzones are quick to whip with ingredients you have on hand, perfect for appetizers or a fun Italian dinner.
- 1 can flaky refrigerated biscuit (8 count)
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1 1/4 cup ricotta
- 48 slices pepperoni
- 1 1/4 cup shredded mozzarella
- 1 egg
- 1 tbs milk
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Prepare two baking sheets by lining with parchment paper.
- In a small bowl, combine the olive oil, garlic powder, Italian seasoning, and ricotta.
- Separate the dough into 8 biscuits, then cut each biscuit in half. Press each dough section into a 4 1/2 inch circle.
- Spoon about 1 1/2 tbs ricotta onto each dough round, then top with 3 pepperoni and about 1 1/2 tbs mozzarella.
- To close the calzones, fold the dough in half, then press the edges together firmly to seal them. We like using a fork to press the edges together. Use a small knife to cut a small vent in the center of each calzone.
- In a small bowl, beat together the egg and milk, then brush the mixture on each calzone.
- Bake until golden brown, about 16-19 minutes.
- Serve with 1-2 cups of your favorite marinara sauce, and enjoy!
These mini calzones go so quickly, you may want to consider making a double batch!
Enjoy Country Music?
Sign up for daily stories delivered straight to your inbox.