During this week's round of blind auditions, The Voice hopeful Megan Rose surprised judges with her take on a classic Bobbie Gentry track.
Gentry, who has mostly disappeared from the music world in recent years, is beloved for her raspy vocals. Rose opted to raise the key, leaving a bit of the song's smoky feel behind. Still, she showed off her own vocal skills and put a more modern spin on the beloved story-song.
Although it seems Blake Shelton was initially won over by her rendition, Miley Cyrus and Adam Levine were the two judges who quickly spun their chairs around in approval. It didn't take long for Rose to happily decide to join Cyrus' team.
With the addition of Rose, Miley Cyrus made The Voice history by picking the first all-female group of contestants. It looks like Season 13 will have stiff competition with a record number of country-leaning contenders vying for the win.
- See Natalie Stovall and Ryan Scripps Impress Blake Shelton on The Voice
- Watch Adam Cunningham's Sizzling "Midnight Rider" Cover on The Voice
- Watch Ashland Craft's Soulful "You Are My Sunshine" Cover on The Voice
- The Voice Contestant Keisha Renee Wows with Don Gibson Cover
- Red Marlow Impresses with Cover of John Anderson's "Swingin'" on The Voice
Enjoy all things country?
Don't miss a story! Sign up for daily stories delivered to your inbox.