Mason Jar Taco Salad
Taking salads to work just got a whole lot easier! Make this Mason Jar Taco Salad and bring it to work or school for a fabulous lunch.
For The Salad
- 1 cup cooked quinoa
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1/2 cup any beans of choice (black beans, kidney beans)
- 1/2 cup diced red peppers
- 1/2 cup corn
- 1/4 cup sliced red onion
For The Dressing
- 2 avocados, halved
- 1 clove garlic clove, minced
- 1 Tbsp lime juice
- 3 Tbsp olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
To Prepare the salad
- In a small bowl mix together the quinoa and cumin. Place in mason jar.
- In this order add beans, red peppers, corn, sliced red onion, and lettuce to fill jar.
To Make the Avocado Dressing
- In a food processor blend together avocado, garlic, lime juice, and olive oil. Season with salt and pepper. Place in a separate jar or baggie and serve with salad when ready.
We packed this dressing separately to prevent the avocado from going brown. Pack the dressing in an air-tight container and press plastic wrap directly on the dressing to keep it fresh and green. We opted for a vegetarian taco salad, but you can add 1/2 cup of ground beef to this salad on the side.
Perfect PairingServe this Mason Jar Taco Salad with Peanut Butter and Jelly Cookies for a complete lunch. [embed_recipe id='16347']
Enjoy Country Music?
Sign up for daily stories delivered straight to your inbox.