Maryland Crab Soup
This tomato based crab soup is a favorite in the Chesapeake Bay area and a must for anyone who loves hearty seafood dinners.
- 2 tbs butter
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 ribs celery, chopped
- 28 oz canned crushed tomatoes
- 1 quart beef stock
- 1 quart chicken stock or broth
- 1/2 lb potatoes, diced
- 1 lb frozen mixed veggies, thawed (The kind with corn, peas, carrots, and green beans)
- 1 cup lima beans
- 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
- 2 tbs Old Bay seasoning
- 1 tbs Worcestershire sauce
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 lb crabmeat
- Melt the butter in a large stock pot over medium, then cook onions and celery until the onion is translucent, about 5 to 7 minutes.
- Stir in the tomatoes and cook for 1 to 2 minutes, then pour in the beef and chicken stock. Add the rest of the ingredients, excluding the crabmeat, then bring the pot to a low boil. Cook to soften the potatoes, about 20 minutes.
- Add the crabmeat and let simmer for about 5 to 10 minutes to warm through and release some flavor.
- Serve warm with a buttery roll or some crisp crackers, and enjoy!
Enjoy Country Music?
Sign up for daily stories delivered straight to your inbox.