Mark Collie's uplifting "A Little Every Day," the latest release from Collie's forthcoming album Book of My Blues (out June 4), is a message to a weary world.
"'A Little Every Day' is another collaboration with my Book Of My Blues co-producers, Chad Cromwell and Kenny Greenberg. We wrote this from a place of hope and celebration for the simple things that matter most," Collie tells Wide Open Country. "I believe we all can use a little more love and understanding, especially in these challenging times...just a little every day!"
Listen to "A Little Every Day" below.
Book of My Blues features 12 original songs written or co-written by Collie and three covers of rockabilly classics: "Hey Boba Lou," "Night Train to Memphis" and "Matchbox." The album's themes were inspired by the graphic novel Rockabilly Hitman, a collaboration between Collie and director Jonathan Hensleigh.
The title track was co-written by Collie and his friend and frequent collaborator Billy Bob Thornton.
"There are a lot of ways to describe the music, maybe Roadhouse Rock, Southern Gothic, Americana, Country, but at its core, it's a reflection of me and many others who came before me," Collie said in a statement.
The Tennessee-born artist, who released his debut country album with 1990's Hardin County Line, scored country hits with "Born to Love You," "Even the Man in the Moon is Crying" and more.
Collie is also a talented actor who's appeared in The Punisher, Walker, Texas Ranger and Nashville.
Book of My Blues is available for pre-order here.
'Book of My Blues' Track Listing:
1. Book of My Blues (Mark Collie, Billy Bob Thornton)
2. Born Ready (Mark Collie, Kenny Greenberg, Gary Nicholson)
3. On the Wings of Your Love (Mark Collie)
4. Right This Wrong (Mark Collie, Kenny Greenberg)
5. Matchbox (Carl Perkins)
6. Holly Springs (Mark Collie, Kenny Greenberg, Chad Cromwell)
7. Unfinished Hurting (Mark Collie, Tom Douglas)
8. Queen of A Hungry Heart (Mark Collie, Kenny Greenberg, Chad Cromwell)
9. Sinking Sand (Mark Collie, Kenny Greenberg, Chad Cromwell)
10. Hey Boba Lou (Ronnie Hawkins, Jacqueline MaGill, Robbie Robertson)
11. Put the Gun Down (Mark Collie)
12. Walk the Floor, Kill the Lights, Slam the Door (Mark Collie, John Scott Sherill)
13. A Little Every Day (Mark Collie, Kenny Greenberg, Chad Cromwell)
14. The Son of a Gun (Mark Collie, Jonathan Hensleigh)
15. Night Train to Memphis (Owen Bradley, Marvin Hughes, Beasley Smith)