Nothing says comfort food more than mac & cheese and pulled pork. While they are great on their own, we love the thought of combining the two into an epic pulled pork mac 'n' cheese worthy of an American stamp of appreciation. Can you image serving these up at your next game day party?
This recipe utilizes boxed mac and cheese but using some of your own leftover mac and cheese would be great as well. If you did that you could always add a spicy kick to the macaroni by adding in some pepper jack cheese along with cheddar cheese.
So grab some bbq sauce to dunk and fry some of these bad boys up.
Fried Macaroni and Cheese Pulled Pork Donuts
- 3-5 lbs pulled pork, shredded
- 2 boxes macaroni and cheese
- 5 eggs, beaten
- 2 cups flour
- 2 cups breadcrumbs
- Peanut oil for frying
- Barbecue sauce for dipping
- Make boxed macaroni and cheese according to package instructions.
- Fill each donut mold halfway with macaroni and cheese. Use flat part of spoon to press into mold. Layer pulled pork on top of bottom layer of macaroni and cheese. Top each donut mold with macaroni and cheese until mold is filled.
- Freeze for 1 hour.
- Preheat about 3 cups of peanut oil for frying in a large, deep cast iron skillet. Portion out flour, breadcrumbs, and beaten eggs
- Remove donut from mold. Dip into flour. Coat in beaten eggs. Dip into breadcrumbs. Coat in beaten eggs. Dip into breadcrumbs. Repeat for each donut.
- Fry each donut until golden brown - around 2 minutes. Repeat until batch is complete.
- Drain on paper towel and serve immediately with barbecue sauce for dipping.
Enjoy Country Music?
Sign up for daily stories delivered straight to your inbox.