Lucky Charms Fudge
You're not supposed to play with your food, I think we can make an exception. Creamy vanilla fudge filled with crunchy marshmallows is too hard to resist!
- 2 cups sugar
- 5 oz evaporated milk
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 4 tbs butter
- 1 tbs vanilla extract
- 2 cups Lucky Charms
- Butter a 8x 8 baking dish as well as the sides of a 2 quart saucepan.
- Pour the sugar, evaporated milk, milk, and salt into the sauce pan. Stirring frequently, bring to a boil over medium to medium-high heat.
- Lower the temperature to medium or medium-low, then let continue to cook until it reaches 238 F.
- Remove from heat and add the butter and vanilla. Resist the temptation to stir and instead let it cool to 110 F. This will take a good 20 to 30 minutes, but be patient, it's worth it.
- Stir with a wooden spoon until the fudge thickens and loses it's sheen. Stir in the cereal, then transfer it to the buttered 8 x 8 dish.
- Cover and let rest until hard, at least 4 hours, but overnight works just fine. Remove from pan and cut into pieces. Store in an air-tight container, or wrap individually in wax paper.
Enjoy Country Music?
Sign up for daily stories delivered straight to your inbox.