Lemon and Basil Tuna Pasta Salad
This delightful and bright salad is quick to put together any day of the week and lets pure flavors shine through.
- 1 lb penne pasta
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/2 tsp lemon zest
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 12 oz oil-packed chunk light tuna, drained and flaked
- 1/2 cup pitted black olives, sliced
- 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan (Optional)
- Plenty of freshly cracked black pepper
- Cook pasta per package directions and drain.
- Meanwhile, in a bowl, whisk together olive oil, lemon zest, lemon juice, garlic powder, a pinch of salt and pepper.
- Combine cooked pasta and dressing in a bowl, toss to coat.
- Add tuna, olives, and a fresh sprinkling of pepper. Top with Parmesan, if desired, and enjoy!
This salad would be perfect alongside some Cheddar and Herb Twists or any other crunchy bread.
Enjoy Country Music?
Sign up for daily stories delivered straight to your inbox.