Lemon Honey Scones
Spend the morning feeling like a royal with these Lemon Honey Scones. Easy to make, these British treats are the perfect morning treat.
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 1/2 tsp baking soda
- pinch salt
- 3/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1/2 cup milk
- 3 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp vinegar
For the icing
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- 2 Tbsp honey
- lemon zest
- Preheat your oven to 350ºF. Meanwhile in a bowl mix together the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Using a pastry blender cut in the butter until it looks like small crumbs.
- In a small bowl whisk together the milk, lemon juice and vinegar. Stir the wet ingredients into the dry until a moisten dough forms. Turn out to a lightly-floured surface and knead 4 times. Pat into a 1-inch round.
- Using a round cutter or a cup, cut dough into rounds and place on a baking sheet.
- Bake the scones until the bottoms are just tan, about 11 to 13 minutes. Remove from the oven and let cool 10 minutes.
- While the scones are cooling prepare the icing by whisking together the powdered sugar, vanilla, lemon juice and honey. Spread on scones and top with lemon zest. Serve.
Serve these scones with a pot of tea. You can enjoy these scones warm or at room temperature.
Perfect PairingIt's not a complete English meal without a Full English Breakfast. [embed_recipe id='27790']
Enjoy Country Music?
Sign up for daily stories delivered straight to your inbox.