Jerk Chicken Kebabs
Travel to the Caribbean with these Jerk Chicken Kebabs made with a spicy jerk seasoning and placed on a stick with peppers and onions.
- 1 bunch scallions
- 4 garlic cloves
- 2 scotch bonnet peppers
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ground corriander
- 1/4 tsp ground cloves
- 1/4 tsp ground allspice
- 2 1/2 lbs. chicken breast, cut into pieces
- 1 bell pepper
- 1 red onion, chopped
- In a blender, blend the scallions, scotch pepper, garlic, soy sauce, lime juice, nutmeg, cinnamon, ground coriander, cloves, and allspice, until smooth.
- In a bowl combine chicken and marinade. Cover and chill for 1 hour. Meanwhile heat grill to medium-high heat.
- Remove chicken from marinade and thread onto metal skewers along with the peppers and onion. Cook on the oiled grill until chicken in no longer pink, about 3-5 minutes per side.
If you are using wooden skewers, soak them in water for 15 minutes before adding the chicken and peppers. You can buy jerk marinade in the grocery store, but we prefer to make our own.
Perfect PairingServe these kebabs with Jamaican Cabbage Slaw. Yum! [embed_recipe id='9353']
Enjoy Country Music?
Sign up for daily stories delivered straight to your inbox.