Jarlsberg Cheesy Waffles
These cheesy and perfectly melty waffles can be tossed together mostly with ingredients you already have on hand for a delicious and effortless breakfast.
- 2 cups flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tbs sugar
- 2 cups buttermilk
- 3 eggs
- 6 oz creamy, melty cheese, grated (We like a cheese like Jarlsberg, but a Swiss cheese would do. You could also swap in sharp cheddar to change it up.)
- Sift together flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, and sugar.
- In a separate bowl or measuring cup, whisk together buttermilk and eggs. Pour the wet ingredients into the dry and mix until just combined. Fold in the shredded cheese.
- Heat your waffle iron according to the manufacturer's instructions and spray with non-stick cooking spray. Depending on the size of the waffle iron, use about 1/4 cup to 1 cup batter per waffle.
- Enjoy warm, alongside eggs and bacon, topped with maple syrup, or even as a snack!