Jack-O-Lantern Stuffed Peppers
Make you dinner extra spooky with these Jack-O-Lantern Stuffed Peppers! Your kids will get a kick out of these fun peppers.
- 4 bell peppers (preferably orange or yellow)
- 2 Tbsp olive oil, divided
- salt and pepper
- 1 onion, diced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 Tbsp chili powder
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 cup cooked white rice
- 1 cup chicken stock, divided
- 1 15-oz can diced tomatoes
- 1 cup shredded mozzerella cheese
- Preheat your oven to 350ºF.
- Prepare the peppers by cutting off the top 1/2-1 inch of the pepper. Reserve. Remove and discard the seeds and core. Using a sharp knife (preferably a paring knife) carve out a face in each pepper. Drizzle the peppers with 1 Tbsp olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Set into a baking dish along with reserved tops.
- In a large skillet, add the remaining olive oil and heat to medium heat. Add the onion and cook until tender, about 5 minutes. Add the garlic and beef and cook until beef is no longer pink, about 8 minutes. Season with salt and pepper. Remove from heat and drain the fat.
- Return the skillet to the heat and add the chili powder, rice, 1/2 cup chicken stock, and diced tomatoes. Stir to combine. Pour the mixture evenly into the peppers and top with the cheese.
- Pour the remaining chicken stock into the pan and cover tightly with foil. Bake 30 minutes. Remove foil and bake until cheese is melted and peppers are tender, about 15 minutes more. Serve.
Make your faces spooky or silly! Make sure the foil is wrapped tightly around the pan to steam the peppers.
Perfect PairingServe these Jack-O-Lantern Stuffed Peppers with Eyeball Jello Shots. [embed_recipe id='18866']
Enjoy Country Music?
Sign up for daily stories delivered straight to your inbox.