These venison sliders stuffed with beer-cheese are wickedly delicious and super easy to make. They'll also make the perfect addition to any Super Bowl party, whether you're hosting one or visiting your someone else's and need to bring a dish.
- 2 lbs ground venison, seasoned how you like it (salt and pepper suggested)
- 2 Tablespoons butter
- 2 Tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon mustard powder
- 3/4 cup beer
- 1/2 cup half-and-half
- 1-1/2 cups grated extra sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 Tablespoon horseradish
- 1 can refrigerated biscuit dough
- Melt butter in saucepan over medium heat. Stir in flour and mustard powder, cooking a minute or so (do not brown).
- Whisk in beer, bring to a simmer, then whisk in half-and-half. Simmer, whisking, until thickened, about 4 minutes.
- Stir in cheese (you can always add more if you think your sauce isn't thick enough) and horseradish. Turn heat to low.
- Make small, thin patties of venison, and add a spoonful of beer cheese in the center of one. Top with another patty, and press edges together if needed.
- Cook stuffed burgers on a cast iron or charcoal grill, under just under done.
- Lay out biscuits, and sandwich a stuffed burger between two. Press edges together if needed.
- Bake 15 mins at 400 degrees F.