Homemade Taco Bell Tacos
Make the classic flavor of Taco Bell beef tacos at home without the maltodextrin, autolyzed yeast extract, or potassium phosphate.
- 1 lb ground beef (Don't go too lean, fats help absorb the flavors)
- 2 tbs all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp chili powder
- 1/4 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp dried minced onions or onion flakes
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp beef bouillon granules
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1/4 tsp cayenne
- 1/4 tsp white sugar
- 3/4 cup water
- 12 hard taco shells or soft tortillas
- In a small mixing bowl, combine all the spices and whisk to evenly distribute.
- Add the spices to the beef in a larger mixing bowl. Using your hands, thoroughly mix the spices into the beef.
- Heat a large skillet to medium then add the beef and water. Break up the meat as it cooks, and let it cook completely through, about 5-6 minutes.
- Optional: Preheat the oven to 375 F to warm the taco shells for 5 minutes. Or, warm the soft tortillas in the microwave or in a smaller skillet set to low or medium-low.
- Serve with your favorite toppings! Like shredded lettuce, cheddar cheese, sour cream, or hot sauce.
Add a personal twist by making your own hot sauce!
Enjoy Country Music?
Sign up for daily stories delivered straight to your inbox.