Homemade Garlic Breadsticks
These Homemade Garlic Breadsticks are the perfect accompaniment to pasta and salad. Plus they are so fun and easy to make!
For The Bread
- 1 1/2 cups warm water
- 1 package active dy yeast
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 Tbsp melted butter, cooled
- 2 tsp salt
For The Topping
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp coarse salt
- In a large bowl combine warm water, yeast, and sugar. Let sit for about 10 minutes to proof yeast.
- Add flour, salt, and butter to wet ingredients. Mix with a wooden spoon until incorporated. Remove from bowl and onto a floured surface and knead until smooth, about 4-5 minutes.
- Spray a baking sheet with cooking spray and set aside. Divide dough into 10 equal pieces and roll each piece into long strips. Place on baking sheet, leaving room in between each piece of dough for it to rise. Cover with a towel or plastic wrap and let rise in a warm place for 45 minutes to an hour. Meanwhile preheat your oven to 400ºF.
- Remove towel or plastic wrap from dough and place sheet pan in oven. Cook for 7 minutes. Meanwhile mix together melted butter, garlic powder, and salt. Brush half of mixture on breadsticks and cook for 6 minutes more.
- Remove breadsticks from oven and brush with remaining melted butter mixture. Cool for a few minutes before serving.
The warm water should be just a tad warmer than your body temperature, about 105ºF. A perfect place to let these breadsticks rise is right next to your oven.
Perfect PairingThese breadsticks are amazing with this Vegetable Lasagna. [embed_recipe id='16311']
Enjoy Country Music?
Sign up for daily stories delivered straight to your inbox.