Homemade Fried Pickles
Fried pickles may seem like a delicious restaurant only treat, but these pickle chips are surprisingly quick and easy to make.
- 2 cups sliced pickles, drained
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 cup flour
- 11/2 tbs cajun seasoning
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1/2 tsp cayenne
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- Peanut or vegetable oil
- Spread the pickle slices over paper towels to pat completely dry.
- Heat 1 to 2 inches of oil to 375 F.
- While the oil is heating, whisk together the flour and spices.
- Dip the pickles in the buttermilk, then transfer to the flour mix and toss to coat.
- Fry them a few at a time, to avoid crowding the pan or lowering the oil temperature too much. Cook until golden brown, should take about 1 to 2 minutes. They often will flip themselves over, but you may need to help them along.
- Remove to fresh paper towels to drain while cooking the remaining pickles.
These crispy, crunchy, tart snacks are great on their own, but even better with our Fry Sauce.
Enjoy Country Music?
Sign up for daily stories delivered straight to your inbox.