Hibiscus Lime Watermelon Popsicles
These intensely refreshing fresh fruit popsicles are packed with vitamin C and a sour zing to match, perfect for hot summer days.
- 2 cups water
- 1/4 cup dried hibiscus flowers
- 4 cups watermelon chunks (About 3 1/4 lbs)
- 4 limes
- Zest one lime and juice all of them. Set the juice aside for now.
- Bring the water to a boil. Remove from heat then add the hibiscus flowers and lime zest. Add a little sugar too if you have a sweet tooth, about 1/4 cup. Cover and let steep 10-15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, add the watermelon and lime juice to a blender. Process until smooth, then filter out solids, if desired.
- Strain out the hibiscus and lime zest. Stir together the hibiscus tea and watermelon juice then pour into popsicle molds. Add popsicle sticks then freeze until firm.
If you've got a batch of one of these hibiscus teas ready, you won't need to steep a new batch.
Enjoy Country Music?
Sign up for daily stories delivered straight to your inbox.