Fall has arrived and it's time to break out the pumpkin spice.
Pumpkin spice cookies. Pumpkin spice latte. Pumpkin spice you name it. My favorite - pumpkin spice bread. You can have it for breakfast, as a dessert after lunch and dinner, and you guessed, a late-night snack.
You can simplify life by making your own pumpkin spice to add to any bread or cookie recipe. Not only can you adjust the subtle flavors, but it's more economical and easy.
It really is as easy as 1-2-3.
Here's all you need.
- 3 tablespoons ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 2 teaspoons nutmeg
- 1-1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1-1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- Add spices in a small bowl.
- Whisk together cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, allspice and cloves until well combined.
- Store in a small jar or container.
If you're looking for inspiration, try mixing your newly mixed pumpkin spice into a few of these items for a quick snack or dessert.
- Cream cheese to put on bagels or toast
- Cookie and cake recipes
- Icing for the cake
- Whipped cream
- Vanilla ice cream
If you're looking for a small housewarming or Thanksgiving present, put your mix in a nice jar with some inspirational ideas and gift away. Who wouldn't love this sweet-smelling gift?