Herb Roasted Potatoes and Asparagus
The smooth creaminess of roasted potatoes with the earthy brightness of asparagus makes this a welcome and unforgettable side dish for any meal.
- 1 lb potatoes, cut into rough 1 inch pieces (We like fingerling, red, or Yukon Gold for this)
- 1 lb fresh asparagus, trimmed and cut into 1 inch pieces
- 2 sprigs fresh rosemary
- 1 sprig fresh thyme
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 tbs olive oil
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 F and either lightly grease a baking sheet, or line with parchment paper.
- While the oven's preheating, de-stem the rosemary and thyme. Toss the potatoes with 2 tbs of olive oil, the garlic, herbs, salt, and pepper.
- Spread out evenly on the baking sheet then roast for 25 minutes, stirring once about halfway through.
- Toss the asparagus in the remaining oil. Add to the pan with the potatoes after the 25 minute mark, then bake for another 10 to 15 minutes until the potatoes are cooked through.
- Serve warm, alongside your favorite main dishes. Sprinkle with some freshly grated Parmesan too, if your heart so desires.
Enjoy Country Music?
Sign up for daily stories delivered straight to your inbox.