Hawaiian Macaroni Salad
Travel to the islands to get a taste of this Hawaiian Macaroni Salad filled with macaroni, carrots, green onions, and celery.
- 1 lb elbow macaroni
- 1/2 cup apple cider vinegar
- 2 cups mayonaise
- 2 cups milk
- 2 Tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp freshly ground pepper
- 1 bunch scallons, chopped
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 1/2 red onion, diced
- 2 celery stalks, diced
- Cook macaroni according to package directions and drain. Immediately toss with the apple cider vinegar and set aside and let cool.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl mix together the mayonaise, milk, brown sugar, salt, and pepper. Add the macaroni and toss to combine.
- Stir in the scallions, carrots, red onion, and celery to combine. Chill until cold and serve.
We like to toss the noodles with the vinegar immediately after draining to prevent the noodles from sticking together. Check the seasoning and add extra salt and pepper as needed.
Perfect PairingServe this Macaroni Salad with Bee Sting Cocktails. [embed_recipe id='17154']
Enjoy Country Music?
Sign up for daily stories delivered straight to your inbox.